Thursday, October 15, 2009

Happy Birthday!

Today, you are 7 months old! Time is a funny thing... the last 7 months have been the fastest and slowest months of my life. How does that happen? I saw a newborn the other day, and I couldn't believe you were ever that little. I was afraid to hold her! She looked so fragile! And that was you, just 7 months ago. What should I make your dad for dinner tonight? On your 5th and 6th month birthdays I made Boeuf Bourguignon and Coq au Vin, both Julia Child recipes. I'm thinking hot dogs soaked in beer tonight. Mmmm...


I just read a little update I get every week from Baby Center about 7 month-olds. Apparently I'm supposed to be brushing your teeth. Oops. Now I'll have to listen to a lecture from my dentist AND your dentist. Why can't dentists just leave everyone alone? Oh son, I kid around, brushing and flossing your teeth on a daily basis is a very important thing and dentists are our friends.

One more thing about 7 months... once you turn 1 years old, I refuse to say you are 15, 19, 22 months old. MAYBE to your doctor. But that's it. When people ask, I will say you turned 1 in March. Or you're 1 and a half. Or you're close to 2. When people tell me their child is 21 months old, I feel like asking them how many days that is. It just seems silly billy. By the way, I'm 345 months old.

*Update: I am going to make you these tonight...









It's becoming physically impossible for me to watch the Food Network without immediately making whatever it is they're making. I saw these cupcakes last night. I'm making them today. STOP ME SOMEONE.


No comments:

Post a Comment