Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Welcome Spring 2010...

I have been slacking on my letters to you. Bad Mommy. But there has been a lot going on lately... let me try and catch you up.

YOUR FIRST BIRTHDAY


You turned 1. I made a cake. You wanted nothing to do with it. For some reason, I'm still having a hard time coping with this. Which is stupid. As a mother, I should be thrilled that you're not into sugar yet. But I was so hoping for that picture of you, shirtless, pointy birthday hat strangling your neck, colorful cake and frosting in your eyeballs, ears, hair, etc. What's wrong with wanting that memory? Oh well. I guess I'll just take a picture of your father doing that stuff.

YOU GOT SICK, AND THEN YOU GOT SICK AGAIN


This experience truly brought out the "first time parents" in your father and I. We had books out, google up, our mom's on hold, and the drugstore in our house. And then we got sick. Cousins got sick, aunties got sick, grandmas got sick. AND, apparently, this will happen again, we've been told. Unless, of course, I try to keep you in one of these:


I TOURED A PRESCHOOL


Yes, that's right, a preschool that you won't even be attending for another 2.5 years. We have been told, however, that you are supposed to "develop a relationship" with the schools in your area around the time your child turns 1. Your father and I thought that was ridiculous, hilarious, stupid, and then we went along with it. I actually just got back from the tour, and I saw your whole life flash before my eyes. Stay little forever, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment