Monday, November 22, 2010

Baby Mine

A song I sing to you every night...



I remember watching this as a child and it hurt my heart, every single time. Now, as a mother, it hurts my heart in a new way. The thought of being chained up, my only contact with you through a tiny window, unable to hold you in my arms, but only with my long trunk. Oh wait, I'm not an elephant. But you know what I mean.

It's Thanksgiving time, and after watching this video I am thankful that I can freely sing this song to you every night. (And I'm glad I'm not in the circus.)

3 comments:

  1. If I even start to hum that tune in my head I start crying. Love this. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this! So sweet for the little man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And even OLD mommies still cry over this one...and want to hold our babies close :)

    ReplyDelete