Friday, September 16, 2011

2.5


Yesterday you were officially two-and-a-half years old. And you gave me that beautiful rose. I think it's time for a few updates...

In late July, you decided you were over your crib. Not by climbing out or anything, just by NOT SLEEPING. Also by pointing to the bed in your room and saying, "I want to sleep there, mama." You've always been very articulate. So, we got one of those fancy bedrail things and set you up. For the most part, you sleep great in it and barely ever get down from the bed by yourself. When you do, your father and I are terrified you will stumble through the hallway and fall down the stairs - so we've taken to locking you in your room like Rapunzel.

You've figured out how to undo locks.

Potty training: I would say we are 75% there. You've always loved to rub your diaper while you're drinking milk, and this habit will not die. So you're allowed a diaper in the morning, during naptime and at night. You're also allowed one when we're out and about and you haven't pooped yet that day. What, I'd rather not deal with cleaning up crap at the grocery store. Other than that, you love going pee pee in the potty. Every successful attempt is like a mini party... I jump up and down, hug you and tell you how proud I am, and you get an M&M. That is, if you remember you want one.

You always remember you want one.

I've started giving myself treats after I go pee pee, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment