Sunday, October 2, 2011

Apples and Pennies

This weekend, we took a trip to the Apple Store.  For fun?  Not really.  Let me rewind.  

A couple of days ago I picked up my computer and noticed this sound - like something was sliding around inside of the thing.  I looked at you, blinking adorably at me.  

"Jack, did you put something in my computer?"
(No hesitation.)  "Yep."
"What did you put in there?"
(Adorable face.)  "A penny."
"Ok.  Well.  Never do that again, ok?"

That was a couple of days ago, and I've been ignoring the coin rattling around in my best friend's guts.  Denial.  But ignoring it became impossible when your dad unknowingly tried to insert a DVD into the disc drive and all sorts of horrible sounds erupted from the thing.  Fast forward to our trip to the Apple Store.

I hate that place.  Are they trying to intimidate the customers by outnumbering them with employees?  Sweet Jesus, never walk in their wearing a blue shirt carrying an iPad - someone will attack you with nerd questions, even though you're a toddler.  It's also impossible to figure out where you're supposed to buy something because the Apple Store is too cool for a normal cash register.  No, at the Apple Store they use invisible laser air technology to ring you up.  Whatever.  Thank goodness for this:       


It kept you busy half the time we were there.  You occupied the other half with "can we leave NOW" questions.  

Trust me son, I wanted to leave, but they decided that before they open my hard drive to remove the penny and Monsters and Aliens, I should back up my computer.  Because I never have.  Because I didn't even know what that meant.  And because the penny might murder all of your baby photos.  

So we left the Apple Store $200 poorer, but at least there's still a penny in my MacBook.  And no, I did not purchase that Marc by Marc Jacobs computer sleeve seen in the above picture even though I really, really, really, really wanted to.

1 comment:

  1. Siri you make me smile and BTW, I have that marc by marc jacobs computer sleeve!

    ReplyDelete