Wednesday, March 14, 2012

3 years...


3 years ago on this very day my water broke while I was taking a nap after demolishing some mac & cheese.  But to hear more about that, click here, because that's not what this letter is about.  No, on the eve of your 3rd birthday I thought I'd FINALLY update this blog for you.  A little bit, at least.

That picture above is you and I at Party City, where we've been twice in the last week getting prepared for your birthday party.  Which we just had to cancel.  Well, not cancel, postpone.  Your parents picked the coldest day in Southern California's recent history for a pool party: a high of 48 degrees with a 70% chance of rain.  I have lived here for almost 10 years and have never come across a day like that.  BLAST!  Good thing you can't quite grasp the concept of days/weeks yet because I keep telling you your party is in 3 more days weeks.  


You're still busy at Sports Class.  That's you on the right passing the ball to Coach Derek while the other Jackson in class watches.  Your cousin Rinnie is joining us for the next session of sports, and it will be nice to have a girl in the class, even if she does chase butterflies like I did in athletic situations.  


You got into preschool!  That's right, you "got in" because I applied back in May and just found out.  Because getting into preschool around here prepares parents for the college admissions process WAY, TOO, EARLY.  But we're very happy with the school you'll be attending full-time in the fall (well, from 9am-12:45am Monday-Friday).  What will mommy do with herself?!  If you say exercise I swear to God...


Well there you are, my two favorite guys.  I can't believe you're turning 3 tomorrow, and at the same time I can't believe you've only been in my life for three years.  I don't remember what it was like without you.  You are my little best friend, my teacher, and the coolest 3 year old I know : )

7 comments:

  1. And HE has a mommy whom I remember when she was three...who I thought was the coolest 3 year old I knew...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely read...Happy Birthday Jack, love to your parents as well xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erica, your comment makes me smile :) Yes, Jackson is lucky to have the coolest mom, and Siri is lucky to have the coolest kid...and Jackson has two very cool co-grannies as well!! Huge love to all from Gigi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the coolest family around.... Happy-almost-Birthday JACK!!! Kisses to all...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just made me cry... WAHHHH! Hormones! :) Great post. Excited to see you guys next week. XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaaaw this is really sweet :) Happy Bday Jackson!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Jack !!!!! Love Roger + Linda

    ReplyDelete