Tuesday, November 10, 2009

ouch

So you had your first "boo boo" the other day. You're such a little boy already, it was very exciting! And by "exciting" I mean momentarily terrifying. To me, at least, because I'm your mother and a very panicky person.

I was upstairs putting you to bed. It was dark, but as I lay you in your crib I noticed that your ear was bleeding. So much for a peaceful, quiet bedtime... I yanked you out of the crib and ran downstairs to find your father.

Me: Oh my god, his ear is falling off!
Dad: WHAT?!
Me: I don't know, he's gone deaf.
Dad: Are you mental?
Me: CALL 911!!! LOSS OF BLOOD! SAVE HIM! Oh dear god I'm going to faint.

As it turned out, you had a very small cut in your ear. Maybe you scratched yourself with a fingernail or toy, I don't know. Point is, it was small, VERY small, and no big deal.

Other moms with boys have told me that in time, I'll get to know the staff in the ER. I don't think that's funny, other moms, nor do I think it's true. How do you get hurt when you're wearing a helmet, knee pads and you're wrapped from head to toe in foam?? Did I mention the bubble? You're also going to play in a bubble.

1 comment:

  1. This does not surprise me at all. For Jack's first birthday, I am going to get him "Bubble Boy" on DVD!

    ReplyDelete