Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Here son, a donut!

I've had this massive urge to bake triple chocolate brownies lately. So in order to curb that desire, I decided to bake YOU something instead! Why not, you're teething like crazy and you gnaw paint off of building blocks - better you put a homemade treat in your mouth instead!

I stumbled across this wonderful recipe HERE, via a great parenting blog called The Wonders Of, and I chronicled my attempt below:

Mix 1 cup flour, 1 cup oatmeal cereal, 2 tbsp canola oil (which I didn't have so I used vegetable), 1 tsp vanilla, and 1/2 mashed banana (mixed with water to resemble applesauce):


Pour in applesauce (I used the Gerber brand) until it forms a dough:


Roll out as you would sugar cookies. Cut into donut-like shapes. Leanna from The Wonders Of used a donut cutter, some fabulous piece of equipment that I do not own, so I used a measuring cup and a shot glass (and yes, those are guns on my coffee mug):


Place on cookie sheet, I also used my best friend parchment paper:


Bake at 375 for approx. 15 minutes and, voila!



Leanna is right, they smell just like fried dough. Thanks fellow mom blogger! Now, if someone could help curb my fear of you choking on my homemade donut...

1 comment:

  1. Will you please deliver one of these to me at Paramount? Thankyouverymuch. They look yummy.

    ReplyDelete