Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Signing Time

I'm trying to teach you (and myself) some sign language. Rachel Coleman teaches American Sign Language through a series of music videos, and they're fantastic. Check out her YouTube channel here.



Rachel's first daughter was born deaf. And her second daughter was born with cerebral palsy. Talk about overcoming challenges. It's amazing how, as parents, we adapt to whatever situation we find ourselves in with our children. "Normal" can mean a million different things. I hope you always remember that, Jack Attack.

If you're interested parents, you can read more about Rachel's story here.

4 comments:

  1. On this subject, I was thrilled watching the "signer"...I'm sure there's a professional name for this...who "signed" for the James Taylor/Carole King concert last night. I could feel the music pouring out of her. It's a beautiful thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's so great. I remember when my daughter caught onto sign language. It was really cool to communicate with her and strangers thought she was brilliant;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic quote...This video is fantastic and thank you for sharing it with us!
    Kisses sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  4. She freaks me out. Especially, on Nick Jr. she has a song that she tries a sexier jazzy voice. Weird for a kids show. Love me some Laurie Berkner! BUT, signing is cool. Hayden wants milk all the time apparently!

    ReplyDelete