Friday, December 18, 2009

Jingle Bells

As I sit here, listening to "Christmas Wrapping" by The Waitresses (who?), I am bewildered at how fast time goes by. Yesterday we were shoving you in a hot dog outfit for Halloween, and now my advent calendar is showing that Christmas Eve is less than a week away. How did that happen? When did you turn 9 months old? When did I have a baby? When did I turn 30? Oh, that hasn't happened yet, okay...

Tomorrow we're heading to the desert to see your Kiki and Pops. After Christmas, we head to New York to watch your daddy count down to 2010. Then it will be January, and I'll be turning 30 in a month! Okay, I'll be turning 29, but just so you know that's like only 365 days away from 30.

The month of December has been a splendid one. Everything felt merrier because of you and your father. Even going to 3 different drug stores 4 different times to light the Christmas tree was enjoyable. (Fine, I'm lying, that was hell.) Here is just a little taste of your first Christmas at our house on Ocean Way...

Your stocking:



And here is Black Santa:



Okay that's all I got. Thank you, Choo Choo Train Meatball Jack (nicknames), for making this season so bright. Sure, we got a flat tire on our way to see Santa. Sure, someone stole the wreath off of our front door. Sure, I burnt some cookies STUPID TIMER. But none of that matters, because of you. Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

1 comment: